The Morris County Small Business Grant Program began accepting online applications on Monday, February 14, 2021, via the program’s online portal at morriscountysmallbusinessgrant.com.
Since the launch of the online portal, Morris County has reported that over 200 small business owners and non-profit organizations have successfully filed for grants. The grant program is designed to help local small businesses, entrepreneurs, and non-profits with specific pandemic recovery expenses incurred on or after Thursday, March 3, 2021.
The program eligibility requirements include:
- Available to businesses with 25 or fewer full-time employees (or equivalent)
- In operation since Jan. 1, 2019
- Located within Morris County
- Less than $5 million in sales/revenue
- Eligible expenses being incurred on or after March 3, 2021
- Proof of a decline in sales/increased expenses due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Eligible Business Categories:
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing, & Hunting
- Construction & Contracting
- Finance & Insurance
- Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services
- Restaurants & Food Service
- Real Estate
The program will provide grants valued at up to $15,000 to reimburse small businesses and non-profits for specific pandemic recovery expenses incurred on or after Thursday, March 3, 2021. Further information about program guidelines, eligible expenses, supporting documents, and applications can be found at morriscountysmallbusinessgrant.com.